So Owen has started talking, but still struggles conveying a message. This morning he kept saying "treat", which also sounds like several other words he often says. So he took Jon's hand and lead him over to the counter/cupboard pointed and said "treat". Jon being the great dad he is, picked up a leftover pancake still sitting out and handed it to Owen. Who inspected the "treat" and said doubtingly "pancake"? Jon nodded, and Owen proceeded to eat his treat! If it's not that funny to everyone else then it must have been the tone Owen took when identifying his treat!! I'm still laughing!! It may seem that all of my funny stories about Owen revolve around food, he does love food, and can always be found eating....but he does have other funny moments!!
Jackson had his Birthday on Tues 11th, and is officially 4!! He was so excited I'll post pictures as soon as I download them! We had fun opening gifts and playing that day with dad, then later with our cousins Audrey, Carissa, and Anne. Jackson also had his 4 year check-up on Thursday. He is 41.5 in (75% height), and 35 lbs (50% weight), very healthy and active. His doctor said if he keeps to "his growth curve", he'll be almost 6 foot and ~165 (give or take a couple inches and pounds) -Tall and skinny (or basically the same size as his dad!) When it came time for the shots I had tried to prep him, but it wasn't very successful. The first shot he held it together, and then the second shot he fell apart and started crying. Luckily we have a great nurse and she was done as soon as he started. I gave him hugs and explained that everyone needs to get shots to be healthy. I said "I would rather have you cry than get sick and die." He looked at me and said, " You want me to cry?" I tried not to laugh!! But then told him that when mommy has a new baby she will have to get shots and babies always cry, but I want my kids to be healthy and strong. Just shows you never really know what they get out of a conversation!
Life is good, we've been staying busy trying to use up all of the summer before it's gone!! Jon starts school next week but has 2 days of Orientation this week.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry about the shots, Jackson. They make me want to cry too! Owen must have a little Clarke blood after all...pancakes are for breakfast--not treats! Come on! JK
Post a Comment