Sunday, July 20, 2008

What a good life looks like.....

Jon and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary. WOW. Time flies especially when life is so good. We have had so many blessings since being married, and we have 2 beautiful boys to show for it. We had a great date to celebrate. We went to the batting cages and got to go in a pitching tunnel. We fed plastic balls in a machine and it throws them. Jon showed me his skills, and hit a home run just for me! He's a pretty good baseball player. He also pitched for me, and of the 3 balls pitched I hit one! (Hooray for me!) I was also impressed that I could hit still. We had fun. We really are so blessed, and I'm grateful I married someone so wonderful!

Updates on the boys. Owen is cruising around on furniture, and tries to stand up anywhere possible-holding onto the the wall, doors, my leg, cupboards, and of course the couch. He and Jackson are a riot to watch. Jackson is always being chased, and Owen loves it. They are a fun duo, and I love hearing them laugh at each other. Jackson is full of questions..."Why mom?". It almost drives me crazy, but a growing mind needs tons of food. In an effort to stay busy, I bought a couple of activity books for toddlers. These books have been great. I feel sometimes the task of being a mom requires more creativity than what I have. Kids get so bored, so quickly. We've been having one on one activity time during Owen's morning nap, and I've loved it. The book has had some really fun ideas. This week my favorites were making Gak (corn starch playdough), learning how to measure and pour stuff (marshmallows, cookies, beans, pasta), and learning some new games (Red, red, red). Jackson has loved some more than others, but it's been fun. We also went to the Science Museum, the Zoo, and a free movie at a local theater. It's been a fun week! I feel bad for Jon...he gets to work and study. Life is great!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

how fun! we sure miss you guys! happy anniversary!

kira said...

Your boys are so cute! Sounds like you guys are doing great. Too bad you live so far away. Hope things are going well!

Mauressa said...

Happy late anniversary again! It's crazy because that means it's almost been 5 years for us too! I hear ya on the creativity for toddlers. I'm always searching for new motivation and ideas. I'd love to know the name of the book you were talking about! Love y'all!

Enjoying the Journey said...

GAK!!!!! My kids are always asking to make it! It is super fun!